Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Carrie! 

Carrie and I have been friends since 1993.  That's a good amount of time!  She is a wonderful person and so much fun!  We met at St. Louis Community College in Sex Ed class.  She missed the first class and was the very first seat in the front row and I was the second seat.  When she made it to the next class she asked if that seat was taken.  I told it was by a girl named Carrie.  She was so excited and said, "that's me!!!".  I was taken aback by enthusiasm because she seemed very different from me back then.  But, we became fast friends!!  She and I have been through good and bad times together.  We have been bridesmaids in each other's weddings and now we live just a few blocks from each other!  I couldn't have asked for a better girlfriend than when I met her!

We tend to not get each gifts for our birthdays but I wanted to make her something special this year.  This was a white cake dyed two different colors.  Pink and Purple.  I layered the colors with pink on top, strawberry filling, purple layer, strawberry filling, and pink layer.  It was then frosted with a bright pink buttercream icing and added pale pink pearl dragees around the border.

Happy Birthday my dear friend!

1 comment:

stevenjared0853 said...

Pleased to know about your birthday party. Last month, I arranged my nephew’s birthday party by booking a beautiful Chicago event space. Invited all my family and friends for this event and we celebrated his birthday in an amazing fashion.